Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 10 kit



I really like this layout! Pearls are the technique - use them as an aspect of elements on your page (here the center of the flower) as well as on your frame! Use for borders, accents, etc. Since they are self-adhesive it is easy to peel a whole 12” strand off and stick in place. Sections cut apart easily as well.

Use the green cardstock as a background. Cut the mud mask paper (the dark side) into a 10 1/2 x 10 1/2 square. I inked the whole paper with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress inks as well as the edges to make it look time worn as the photos have a sepia tone to them. Mat the photos in the cream cardstock inking the edges as well.

Cut 2 sets of 6 petals from the Revitalize paper. Make one set slightly smaller than the other. I wet all of the petals with water, crumpled them, and then dried them. The small set of petals I used the side with the fine print. The large set of petals I used the side of the paper with the large print. I flattened them out and inked the high spots with the ink pad. I assembled the large set into a flower first and then layered the second flower over top. I hand cut small circle from the cream cardstock and then matted it with the yellow cardstock. I inked the cream cardstock then used the pearls to fill in the center. Using liquid glue, adhere the ricrac as a stem for the flower. I used a western type font to print with a sepia brown computer ink onto the cream cardstock. I hand cut the letters of the title out and then placed on a block of the Revitalize paper (the fine print side) - I also crumpled this and inked the creases and edges with the stamp pad.

The wood frame was painted in white. I used an espresso acrylic paint dabber from Ranger to streak the wood over top. The pearls were placed along the inner edge of the frame.

No comments: