Sunday, February 28, 2010

February 10 Club Kit


Tjis kit includes Grafix rubons (1 plain sheet for you to play with and 1/2 sheet pre-printed with elements), papers by upsy daisy, cardstock from coredinations (cream, light purple, dark purple), 1 yd. brown scrappers floss, 1 yd. striped ribbon, buttons, and brown flowers.

At first I was intimidated by the grafix rubons (that is funny because most people think I am fearless when it comes to computers and creating my own elements!) But, they were so easy. they have simple instructions. If there were two recommendations I would make, it would be to:
  1. Be sure to give your printed rubon time to dry immediately after printing (also be sure you know how your printer prints. If you print on the glossy side, it is a very big mess.
  2. Remember to reverse your printing if using text. If you use word 2007, make a wordart and then find the rotate option under size,rotation, and ordering in the toolbox.
For the layout above, I cut 1/4” from the printed paper shown and adhered it to a piece of the cream cardstock. I matted the picture in first the light purple and then the dark purple.

Follow the directions on the grafix handout to place the rubons on the layout. I created the title, date, and used two of the graphic elements included in the kit.

Use the brown scrappers floss (did you know this stuff was made from paper?) to knot the 3 buttons. Adhere to the layout.

Use your other materials to make cards. I used the other patterned paper and glued it to a card front. I rubbed the graphics onto either the cream of the light purple cardstock and then matted and adhered to the front of the card. Use ribbon lengths to add interest to the card. I was able to make three more cards for use for any occasion.

No comments: