Friday, December 26, 2008

January Fingertip Craft Knife kit

I am much better these days at not needing the latest and greatest tools. I have bypassed many a tool that has caught my eye. When it was decided that we would be using the fingertip craft knife for January kit, I was skeptical. Boy was I wrong!

This knife is great! I remember printing on reverse and using an exacto knife to painstakingly (or do I mean painfully?) cut out the words.

Back to the fingertip craft knife. It puts control in your hands much like using a pencil. Use your hand's natural motion and weight to make cutting easier. Just loop the craft knife over your index finger for a more controlled cutting experience.

For this layout: I used the light blue cardstock as the background. I also took this great green paper by Crate paper and cut it in half with the craft knife. I took the right side piece (that I was not going to use) as a template to cut out a duplicate on the cream cardstock. I pieced together and cut a thin curve from brown cardstock to cover the seam.

From the patterned paper, I cut out several designs using the craft knife. the two large flourishes fit perfectly to make a heart and hte other pieces served as anchors on the layout. I wrote "41" on the cream cardstock and used the craft knife to cut out around it. The rest of the wording was done in marker.

The craft knife was so easy to use. There were no numb spots on my fingers and the cuts were much smoother than using a conventional craft knife. I am sold on this gadget and you will love it too!

Tags: Crate paper, Scrapaholix, Fiskars

No comments: